Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Very Merry Christmas Shabby Card for THE CUTTING CAFE





































I had an urge the other day to make a special Christmas card for a friend's Mom who is struggling. I mean, we are all struggling in one way shape or form, but some of us have a heavier burden to bear. It's always nice to get a fun hand made card and hopefully even just for a few minutes it helps.

I pulled out a couple of fun things to play with while making this card. My first step was to cut out this really pretty stocking from THE CHRISTMAS SHAKER CARD SET from THE CUTTING CAFE. I didn't want to make a shaker though, because I wanted to use a new embossing folder that had roses. I inked up the embossed part and added a gold strip & flower ribbon to the top.


























I added a really pretty Mom die cut from Amy Delightful along with a `present. I have fussy cut a bunch more from the printable, so I can't want to make another card!

Happy Wednesday!


5 comments:

  1. your message just put something on my heart to do and that is make a card..i have been so busy lately with just plain oh life, ups and downs but one thing that i know i can do cause the good Lord knows i have all the supplies is make a card for a few people that could really use it...so from the awesome person you are thank you...this is beyond sweet...i so love this card...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the oh so pretty card and inspiration to share handmade kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you touch or go over the edges with the images, and the delicacy of it all. The pale plaid is lovely. And reaching out to others who need us is what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a beautiful card, Mitra. So sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card with a beautiful purpose....I'm sure she felt it....

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!