Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Third Jello Mold of Christmas for the Funkie Junkie Challenge


I knew that I wanted to branch out a little (pun intended) with the third tag and mix it up a little. Started digging through the hardware to see if I had something a little bigger that would support this big sauce jar top I had spray painted up a glittery blue. Low and behold this vintage brass door knob did just the trick. All of it is stuck together with some epoxy, my almost favorite adhesive. (Hot glue is first, but in this case it was too heavy to stay together)


Linda's very awesome store, the Funkie Junkie Boutique sponsors this challenge and she is already on tag eight so I had best put a move on it! I was inspired quite a lot by the colors on tag number three

This is part of the reason why that brass knob worked so well! I didn't even have to spray paint it! I cut out a very large dove to mimic her peace bird and added the word Noel to match the other bird. Some pretty snowflakes and glitter match up with her snowflakes, although mine are white.  

Linda also had a pop of green in her tag on the olive branch, but I chose to run with a lighter green to match my nesting material. Do love spanish moss! And did you spot those little pearl branches? Back tomorrow to talk about my recent haul of pretty wedding stuff tomorrow. It's not polite to do a happy dance in public when you have scored big on the craftside of things, so I didn't, but boy did I want to!

Happiest of Hump Days to you! Just a few more days and we're weekending! 

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Yes, I got some bits on the cheap yesterday in a throw out bin I wasn't even going to look in. YAY! Know the feeling. I spotted the knob straight off....thought. YUP! The girl has to have a knob somewhere in her jelly moulds!!! Looks great - & those pearl branches are GORG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one is lovely, I love the dove on the top.. and I think we had all better get a move on.... December is just around the corner....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pop of green on this one. Plus, as Lizzy says, a knob is always good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo beautiful!! I find it amazing how you translate a tag into a sculpture... can I borrow a little chunk of your art brain?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is this? That antique door knob is a totally amazing addition to your art piece, as is the midnight blue jar cap! The chunky white glitter around the edge is perfect. Another sensational seasonal decor piece. So happy to have you along for the challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!