Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Whatever Art for the Starting from the Same Place Artist Collaboration






































I love the artist community I am a part of! Happy Dance as I was given the opportunity to be involved with a very special project that was the brain child of Tina Walker. She thought it would be cool if we all had the same pieces parts with which to create a piece of art. What she didn't plan on was the amount of people who would want in. Some of us donated pieces, others were donated by companies, and then we all paid a very small amount for shipping. In all, we were able to create something quite unique and very special to share with you today. I think about sixty people participated. Thirty of us provided sneak peeks to create that photo collage you see below.

We even had some corporate sponsors! Beacon Adhesives provided some rock star glue I'm in love with and Amazing Casting Products provided the resin for the hard plastic flowers. StencilGirl hooked us up with the awesome stencil. 





































Normally I'm not so timid working on something like this. I get out the hot glue gun and start sticking, In this case, I actually laid it out first and then worked it around a little.



Here is a rough draft. ;-) The paint brush I have been hoarding for ages and the real wings (an actual butterfly was not harmed in the process) were donated by my Mom.






































I used an old metal embroidery hoop to stretch the hand dyed fabric over. Then I stenciled using black spray paint. Added a bit of purple in various color to the paint brush that was already ruined. I embossed the cogs using gold and then smeared some gold paint along the edges of the piece.



I was having a hard time using the heavy green fabric until I decided to use it to cut leaves from it. LOVE how those turned out! Paired up with this grumpy little vintage girl, it's my favorite part of the piece! The little plastic piece she is standing on I sent along for everyone. I am not even sure what they are....but found them at some point and was happy to share!



In all, an amazing experience! If you are interested in seeing what others created, the links are below!



17 comments:

  1. Its very Interesting concept ! I loved the mix of various pieces on your project !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! It goes so well with your word (what an awesome word you got. I got work). I love the wings, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job of making it all work together! I esp love the butterfly girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg. Wowza!! So cool that you got to be part of this!! Of course your piece is awesome! Love grumpy vintage girl! Love the wings. The leaves. The gold. Everything!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius use of all your items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use of all the items. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! Love the paintbrush (especially the blue paint) and the butterfly wings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This project is so creative!!! I love the circle! Thanks so much for incorporating my stencil design!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally brilliant. Love the upcycled paint brush & butterfly wings moistest.....great idea, too :):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is truly amazing, what a great idea.. and how cool is all the different interpretations.. yours is fabulous too..

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing project this is. Wow. Yes: that little girl has an intriguing look on her face. I wonder what she was thinking. Or who she grew up to be

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab project!!! 😍 glad we got to create together in this collab 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! And the real butterfly wings! Makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable!!! Love the way you pulled all the pieces together with the grumpy girl and butterfly wings 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable!!! Love the way you pulled all the pieces together with the grumpy girl and butterfly wings 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  16. The fairy drew me right in. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love theuse of the round "canvas" embroidery hoops are awesome. I love the girl and her wings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!