Monday, September 7, 2015

Just Another Day at Work....



If you were here in the States today, you would be celebrating Labor Day.

Labor Day the Pratt way involved tearing out sheet rock & insulation in the mouse infested garage in the blazing heat. It is one of those projects designed to make you love your desk job in the air conditioning the following day. It was also a great day to sneak in the house and scrap a little...

I figured I should make a work page. I never blog or scrap about work. Well, because it's work, right?





























The other day, a coworker and I drove up to Buffalo. We were heading into an industrial part of the city and stopped for a pee break. As we got out of the van, I immediately noticed the exhaust smell! We live in a small place with not much traffic so I forget what it's like. Around the corner a new Compressed Natural Gas station was opening. We were heading there for the Grand Opening because the engineer I was with had done the site design.

Seven local businesses had gotten together and with the help of grants decided to design & build a CNG station. They wanted to use a different kind of fuel in their trucks. Compressed Natural Gas is not only cheaper but better for the environment. Decreasing emissions in truck fleets will certainly help the air quality & their bottom line. ;-)





























Well, I will get off my soap box and show you some flowers! I made a couple of these accordion blooms with some juicy green leaves.
























The pretty little jar with the flowers and the pin wheel were provided during a recent crafternoon I went to. I thought they looked cool near that big rig.

Anyhow, hope your Monday or Labor Day was most excellent and a little less itchy than mine!



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I'm so glad you scrapped about your work. And made it pretty!!!!! Love the 4 squares of paper:) And soap box all you like - I'm listening:):) [and I'm not even Frasier, on radio or in Seattle!!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patch work feel to your layout, each square looks great! Love the rosette flowers too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!