Monday, January 6, 2014

Food Pantry Layout for THE CUTTING CAFE


































As part of our Christmas festivities, we set up time to go to a local food pantry.

We were very excited about it, but sadly the amount of people there to HELP outnumbered the people stopping for food. Which technically seems like a good problem to have in a community perhaps?




























It was however, lots and LOTS of fun to make this sleigh-full of food for my scrap page!

Regina at THE CUTTING CAFE has designed this Sleigh as a Treat Box and I have been wanting to give it a try for weeks!

I opted to use it as a larger sized element on my page with lots of glitter! Which doesn't mean I won't use the file as treat box at some point!


Really loved the banner I made with some ink pads, embossing pad in the Big Shot, and then a black ink pad rubbed over top.

Add in some hand dyed ribbon and I'm as happy as a 'lil reindeer with a red nose...oh wait! That is Rudolf! The kids came home with him after their food pantry adventure. He will be a nice memory of our attempt to give back to our small community!

Happy Monday!




7 comments:

  1. can i come over for a layout class........you so rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the sleigh and that colorful banner looks very interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly IS a good problem to have in a community...glad you found a way to help out, regardless...& your 'banner' was what I saw first! LOOOVe the rainbow mix of colours:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that crocheted/knitted reindeer the kids brought home! It's a blessing that number of help outweighed those that needed help. I hope it continues in that direction! Your LO and page are perfect for preserving the reasons we all need to consider ourselves blessed.
    Regina's right too..I'd sign up :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page and the sleigh is perfect for this wonderful moment! What a blessing to have more volunteers! That's not often the case. The reindeer is so sweet and such a nice thank you gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sleigh full of food is perfect for this layout! thanks for donating your time to your local shelter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout! :-)

    Your DT Sister
    ~Christy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!