Friday, July 12, 2013

Courage Layout for Bird is the Word


































“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” 
― E.E. Cummings

Thought I'd play along with Bird is the World before their challenge is over and found this quote to match this photo of my kids and niece/nephews up on Whiteface Mountain. 


Had so much fun with this page with the colors and the little feathers I painted up for down the side!



































Here is a cross section so you can see the little old pearls I have hidden under the banner flap. (Thanks Helen for the idea!!)

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Aaaaw love the pearls under the banner flap! Soooo into that right now!! Love the metal embellishments & the simplicity & symmetry of this page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the rich colors you used! Gorgeous page and one of my favorite quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good! I love the rich colors and love the big banner under the photo.. and thank you too for joining in at BITW this month also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Your butterflys!
    Thx for joining us at BITW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The colours, that BIG banner - fabulous....& the vellum with the cut out arrows AND THAT QUOTE...you've totally rocked this one, too....must be a kid or two away helping the creative juices, methinks!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it,Thanks for joining us at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Mitra I have missed checking out your work, great page the colours look great and those decorative feathers are great feature, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful layout! Love all the metal trinkets! Thank you for playing along with Bird is the Word!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!