Thursday, September 8, 2011

Inspiration Board 207 for Color Combos Galore

Yeah, I saw this board a bit back while we were in Lake Placid and pretty much thought no way. I am never big on red unless Valentine's Day is involved. Or like the 4th of July. Or strawberries...OK, so it's not all that bad. But with purple? Seriously?

And two pictures of me in one week on my blog? Again, seriously?


Yeah, that is the GREAT part about challenges. AND, CCG is addicting. I told myself, NO, I am not doing this one. And look what happened. Next thing you know I have white gauze out and I am dying it purple.

You know, this page does also crack me up. I have had the opportunity of late to hear some good little pieces of advice. The kind I want in my life. Snippets. Love it! They are not really quotes, but more like little sticky notes I should have in my brain.
Since the challenge itself is about books and words, I thought it would be a perfect to include those snippets for my journalling. And also, part of their challenge was use to paper with a dictionary or text pattern. I managed to fit that in behind my banner for my title. 

And the flowers, more from Helen's stash! LOVE THEM!! She sent the cutie pie little clippy too!

My materials list is pretty simple:

Gauze dyed with CTMH Stamp Pads & Clear Glimmermist
Shimmer Modge Podge to hold the gauze on
Red & Cream Cardstock from CTMH
purple flower & brown clippy from Helen
Purple clippy from Shirley
Other flowers & button from Stash
Wooden Dragon Fly from my Mom (yes it's symbolic)
and the wooden window which is also symbolic is from ArtChix Studio

And always, any questions on technique, I'd be happy to share!

What words of wisdom have YOU heard lately?

8 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! I loveeeeeeee that photo, the journaling and that MESH material...WOW WOW WOW!!! Loveeeeeeee it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!! What a great page! Love everything about this - from the concept to the final product - so fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Mitra, this is so lovely. I really like the way you have done the banner/title it looks so effective. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge, so much to look at and your title is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this layout!! I especially love how you did the title! I love ccg, I just haven't had time for many of the challenges lately, but they do come up with some interesting combinations that always end up looking so great!! That's awesome you're from New York, so I am. I'm in lower Manhattan, are you near the city?

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing Mitralee!! I love this. Your background, the gauze, your title work...it is all absolutely superb. Awesome work doll.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous and stunning! Oh and the project is great too. :)
    Love that you dyed the gauze PURPLE....
    You amaze me. Wonderfully inspirational. Love the brain "Post Its"

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!