Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teri's Altered Frames






Found two frames at Michele's during our weekend trip to Watertown in the sale stuff and it reminded me I had wanted to jump on making a couple more. I knew my friend had her new baby and hadn't even sent a card! So, I knew I had to make something fun for her.





I wanted to go through the process behind how I made these a bit, in case you are interested.



First I started with two blank canvases. I added gesso with a scraper so I could get some dimension and let it dry. Then I sprayed two different colors of glimmermist and again, let it dry. You need to allow yourself enough drying time so you're not working on a wet canvase.



After drying, I added some Tim Holtz tape, stenciled a little florish on with StazOn Ink and outlined that florish with a black pen. I also used Shimmer Modge Podge over the tape, photo, and doily.





Then I hot glued some flowers and some Stampin' Up Vanilla Seam Binding that I sprayed with glimmermist. Also inked over the edges of the doily with some CTMH ink.


I didn't go too crazy, Teri likes things more simple. This might be a bit too girlie for her, but hey, she has an office she can always hang them in!


Let me know if you like them!










2 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I loveeeee the techniques you used and loving the flowers! Awesome work! :):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi...like them? i LOVE them.. wow the background is stunning.. i love that effect.. thanks for sharing your techniques..and thanks for your comments on my blog.. they really encourage me!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!