Friday, July 8, 2011

ROPES



This page was fun!!! These photos were taken at various field days my daughter attended at the end of 4th Grade. In fact, I thought they were at the same place until she pointed out to me that they weren't! I had gotten the photos from her teacher, but sometimes what happens at school is a distant memory when they get home! So, I need to add some journalling to the top so I get both field trips and dates. The most interesting part was working with this burlap that Shirley brought home from Rochester.




I haven't ever tried it before, but I really liked the look. Of course the color was pretty plummy awesome too!



I want to give a shout out to two people that made this post possible. First up, I spied this sketch AGES ago on Helen's blog and I planned on going back and doing a twisty page using this sketch.




Although she is not the creator of this sketch, it's the second time I've used it and spotted it on her blog, so I'm giving her the credit for inspiration. Besides you should check out her pages anyway!



And while you are at it, check out the Sketchabilities blog. I'm following them now, thanks to Helen.







AND, although its kind hard to see (trust me on this) I spotted this cool idea for using a Martha Stewart border punch on Irini's blog. She did this awesome foldie thingie with hers and I failed miserably so compensanted by putting two together...but I have high hopes of getting that fold down. Anyhow, her page is worth a quick look-see for the awesomeness.




Nothing much else new to report on the scrappin' front. Just need to get rolling on a couple of pages and a two part altered canvase project.




Happy Monday OR if you are in Australia, Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. OHHHH yes! This is fantastic. At first it was the letters that "roped" me in, but all the details and the border punch inspiration...WOW!
    You go girl! Another masterpiece.
    P.S. Thank you for the hilarious comments too...I spit coffee..LOL!
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love your textured background and I love those flowers...really fab.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!