Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Father's Day with an Evil Twist



Updated 06/29/2011: I had so much fun putting this page together.

I spotted this flower tree and layout over on PageMaps and was inspired! I started off by really liking their layout and then got into the flower tree on the page that was their example. If you want to check them out, go here. It's the forth layout down. I didn't use their size on my photos, I went a bit bigger. I also got blogging around and realized it was the challenge sketch for The Paper Variety which is one of my favorite blogs to stalk. Check them out here. I see one of their designers said the same thing about the sketch, that she was inspired to pull out her cutter to make the tree!

The tree, sun, grass, and fence was cut out using my Silhouette. It's funny as sometimes I never use that thing. Other pages, I cut out two or three pages of things to use. Same goes for my Sizzix. I dug around for an embossing folder for my clouds and gave them a little dimension with a dot folder.

As far as products I used, I believe the turquoise sheet of paper is an old piece I had left over from a CTMH Halloween kit. Most everything else was plain white cardstock that I sprayed with glimmermist. Well, there is a vintage button and a cutie pie puffy sticker I am using for wind next to my clouds. I'm actually pretty please with that too. This page will go right next to my Fishing with Hot Dogs Page and I used the other half of the sticker on that page. They were both the same day so now blend into each other a bit. Similar colors too.

This was a fun day! I am so glad I have a page of it to keep those memories fresh!










So, no scrapbook pages to upload. Yesterday was a blur of things, cake for breakfast, nice lunch on the grill, trip to Sterling Pond to visit a friend's camp...AND, the icing the cake? What the KIDS really wanted to do for Father's Day? Water balloons. It was my sarcastic suggestion on Friday night when they were quizzing their Dad on what we would do for Father's Day. I said, I should go buy water balloons, they could fill them, we could sit on the deck with a nice cold frosty drink (you know the kind with the straw and umbrella? think tropical islands here) AND we could throw ballons at them. And no, they couldn't throw them back. They JUMPED on the idea. Sunday found them filling balloons for two hours straight. Seriously? And, they had the best time. Luke eventually got smart and got a water gun. We didn't say no water gun. I caught this shot by accident as I was taking a photo of my flowers and caught him running full bore. Yes, I got wet. And their Dad? The MAN had a great time and enjoyed his Margarita!

5 comments:

  1. The water balloons sound like a lot of fun...especially since they can't throw them back! Sounds like your hubby had a good time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toooooooooooo fun!!! LOVING the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, good idea, love your layout below it is gorgeous with all the tags and bits and pieces my kind of scrapping, have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the water balloon idea! I am seriously going to have to try that. LOL What a fun father's day idea! Thank you so much for the comment on my blog. It stuck! I really appreciated your kind words so I popped over here to follow you too. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet layout! I love the cluster of embellishments and title treatment on the lower right side. Great pics too ;) Thanks for joining our sketch challenge this week at The Paper Variety!
    -Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!