Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cragle Project-12 by 12 Frames







So, AGES ago Kristy and I went to some classes on Market Street at the Crafting Cottage. We got these awesome square wooden frames as part of our project. I remember specifically that I was late to the class or something as I never got to make this really cool bird...or maybe I missed it and Kristy just grabbed my stuff for me and I made something different. Anyhow, I was over to her house during my trip to PA and I noticed her project was sitting there waiting for me to finish it! I have loved this bird since I laid eyes on it...and since she is in the middle of unpacking...I snagged it. She did an awesome job on the bird. My only tweak was that it's beak was missing some orange, so I added some orange beads and a brad for the eye to make it a bit more 3-D. Of course, I added the branch and the nest too.


I haven't a clue what kind of paper I used...it was something she got with the project. I cut the scalloped piece into a frame so you could see more of the yellow piece underneath. Then I cut out the bird. It was really pretty but the background paper was pretty intense and I wanted the name to stand out. The turquoise flowers are some I picked up while in PA at a Ben Franklin. Remember those stores? I do from when I was a kid. I haven't seen one in AGES, but there is one in Towanda PA. Of course the flowers were white...they were in the wedding section, so I sprayed them with some glimmermist. The pink flowers were cut using the Tim Holtz tattered flower die out of white mulberry paper and glimmermisted. The yellow was one I bought and is from Prima. The butterfly again was from Ben Franklin but was a light color I sprayed with more glimmermist. I added little lacy doily from Prima and some vintage lace...It is all decoupaged with Shimmer Modge Podge. I love doing projects like this! Several different kinds of adhesive, four or five different kinds of glimmery spray, flowers, a button, just all kinds of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! Love the misting and all the fine details that you've added..

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!